From OfficePracticum Help
<This page contains all of the changes to Office Practicum from the 2011 release. As issues are corrected, please check the Release Notes for more information.
 New Features in the Office Practicum 2011 Release
Click here to see all of the videos regarding the 2011 release.
 >New Look and Reorganization
 >Top Menu Bar
- Added new Windows Menu for viewing all open windows: click here for details.
- Internet/PDF Resources are now located in the Correspondence menu: click here for details.
 >Utilities Menu
- Manage Codes now includes: click here for details.
- VIS Sheets/Body Sites/Routes under the Vaccine Info section.
- Manage Practice now includes:click here for details.
- A combined Staff/Provider Directory
- Schedule Templates and Appointment Types
- Manage Forms now includes: click here for details.
- Phrase Construction Editor
- Encounter Template Editor
- Well Visit Template Editor
 >Smart Buttons Menu Bar
- New Position: The Smart Button Toolbar now appears at the top of the OP window.
- Added ability to move Toolbar to any position on the screen.
- New Icons associated with buttons.
- Menu Bar Quick Reference: click here for detail.
 >F7 Schedule and Practice Workflow:Combined Message Manager and Schedule
A new form, Schedule and Practice Workflow, combine a numer of forms to help you get work done faster and more efficiently. Click here to see this new form and how it compares to the previous version of Office Practicum. Each tab on this new form is described below.
 >Calendar Tab
- New Icons: click here for details.
- Added ability to view tasks in the lower right hand corner of Calendar Tab: click here for details.
- Selection of Visit and Bill Status now located in lower right hand corner of Calendar Tab: click here for details.
 >Tracking Tab
New Feature: Confirm Status click here for screen image
- Currently you can manually enter confirmation status from drop down menu in Confirm field.
- In Future release you will be able to confirm appointments and send reminders via email, telephone or standard mail.
In OP 2011, the Messaging Module has been redesigned to be easier to use and to fit better onto different screen sizes.
- For complete information on the New Messaging Module: click here.
Viewing the Date Range for tasks is now simpler: click here for screen image
- The Task tab Date Range now Defaults to Current Day
- If you would like to view a different date range you may use the Date Options
 >Encounters and Well Visits
You are now able to more quickly Finalize and Cosign notes click here for screen image
- Added ability to Finalize and Co Sign directly from Encounter and Well Visit list.
- Added ability to Sort on columns headings.
 >Diagnostic Tests:
- There is now a Diagnostic Test Tab on the F7 Schedule/Practice window.
- The Results Received/Reviewed window has a new layout click here for details.
Referrals now have two new features: click here for screen image
- Added ability to create flag dates for referrals and view open Referrals by Flag Date on the Schedule/Practice Workflow.
- Added ability to sort Referrals by Date, Patient, Provider or Diagnosis
 >Scanned Records
The Scanned Records Tab has two new features click here for screen image
- Added ability to sort scans by date, category and staff.
- Added ability to change the recipient directly from the Scan window.
- You are now able to view Surveys from the F7 Schedule/Practice Workflow click here for screen image
 >E-Rx: Now included in Practice Workflow
The E-Rx center is now included in the F7 Schedule/Practice Worklflow screen click here for screen image
- From here you can complete all your E-Rx tasks
- The E-Rx window will default to the logged in user. You may view rx's for other providers by selecting them under Scope.
 >Practice Management changes:
 >ICD Code Table
- New Look
- Diagnostic Groups: you may sort diagnoses into groups which will be linked to Care Plans (previously called Flow Sheets) in a future release.
- Synonyms: To simplify diagnosis code look up, you now have the ability to create multiple descriptions for the same ICD 9 code.
 >CPT Code Table
- New Look: click here for screen image
- Vaccine Inventory
 >Manage Practice
- Staff and Provider Directory Combined click here for details.
- Schedule Appt Types, Schedule Templates are now located under Manage Practice
- Rooms added under Appointment Types: click here for details.
- Added ability to associate Rooms to a specific Location.
 >Manage Codes:
- Lab Facilities New Features: click here for details
- Parent Lab
- Default Lab Type
 >Patient Registration and Patient Insurance Combined
- Now able to add Insurance in F2 Patient Register: click here for details.
- Misc Notes and Billing Tab combined: click here for details.
- Added ability to merge patients accounts: click here for details.
 >Patient Directory
- New Look: Patient Directory Quick Reference Guide click her for details.
 >EMR Changes
 >Manage Forms: EMR Customization
- Manage Forms: now includes Phrase Construction, Encounter and Well Visit Template Editors Click here for details.
- Added ability to import and export templates.Click here for details.
 >F8 Chart
- New Icon
- Overview tab
- Now appearing on the Overview Tab:
- Patient Demographics
- Family: able to open siblings' charts by double-clicking
- Misc Notes
- New Field
- General Notes: click here for details.
- Set as None for Allergies and Meds
- Green checkmark marks as reviewed
- Now appearing on the Overview Tab:
- Care Plans: New Name for Flowsheet
- Encounter and Well Visits:
- New Grids
- Start New Note/Open Note
- New Grids
- Added ability to view these items when working in F8 Chart:
- Growth Curves: click here for details.
- Birth History
- New Field: Growth Curve: May select from different options
- New Checkbox for premature infants
- New layout for
- Referral Letters: click here for details.
- Diagnostic Tests
- Chart Notes has added features: click here for details.
- Med Review: New Look
- Diagnostic Test tab now available in Encounter and Well Visit
 Patient Exit Note
The Patient Exit Note is a new feature which allows you to create a "patient-friendly" version of the note. This feature will allow you to create a note to give to the patient which may include instructions for medications, wound care or follow up. The Patient Exit Note also meets Meaningful Use Requirement for providing the patient with a summary of care for each visit.
 >Diagnostic Tests
- The Diagnostic Test module has been redesigned and streamlined: click here for details.